West Kelowna pizza shop owner says viral ‘joke’ crossed the line – Okanagan


or West KelownaBC business owner is speaking out about a scary confrontation inside his pizza shop that appears to have been part of a prank on social media.

Dalwinder Dub, Proprietor of Evergreen Pizzeriasays the incident, which happened last week on Wednesday evening, went too far.

Dalwinder Dub, owner of Evergreen Pizzeria, says the incident happened on Wednesday evening when a teenager ran into the restaurant pleading for help.

“Please help me, help me, someone’s following me,” Dub recalls the teenager yelling.

Security footage shows the teenager looking out the front window moments before a second teenager bursts in, shouting at the first teenager.

“He was yelling, ‘Hey, I’m going to kill you, I’m going to do this and that,'” Dub said.

Story continues below ad

Concerned, Dub said he immediately tried to calm the situation, placing himself between the two teenagers.

Security video also shows that at one point, the second teenager jumped over the counter before Dub was able to force him out of the restaurant.

But Dub said what bothered him the most was what happened next.

Get Canada's daily news delivered to your inbox so you never miss the top news of the day.

Get daily national news

Get Canada’s daily news delivered to your inbox so you never miss the top news of the day.

According to Dub, the two teenagers left together in the same vehicle.

“Heartbroken when I found out they’re together,” Dub said. “At the time, I was happy to help another guy, right?… I was just concerned for his safety.”

Dub said a cellphone and some cash were stolen during the incident, which he now believes was part of a prank on social media.

“The investigation remains ongoing and police are following up on available information.” said Const. Ash Puri, RCMP West Kelowna media relations officer.

“The suspects were described as wearing similar clothing and may have recorded their actions.”

A video of the incident was later posted on TikTok and appears to have been recorded using sunglasses with filming capabilities.


Click to play video: 'TikTok allowed to continue operating in Canada after security review'


TikTok allowed to continue operating in Canada after security review



Dub expressed disappointment, saying it’s a potentially dangerous trend.

Story continues below ad

“I’m always happy to help, but next time, if someone comes and asks for help, I think I’ll think twice – should I help them or not?” Dub said. “They may really need help, but I’ll hesitate.”

While Puri said pranks on social media have not been reported to the West Kelowna Detachment in recent months, police take the reports seriously.

“West Kelowna RCMP take all complaints, including ‘trafficking’ seriously, and investigate each one thoroughly to determine their validity,” Puri said.

Dub calls on the teenagers involved to return the stolen items and apologise.

“They have to come back and then tell me that, hey, this is your stuff and it was a joke,” Dub said. “We’re sorry.”


Click to play video: 'Social media issues must be fixed before youth ban considered: Canada's privacy commissioner'


Social media issues must be fixed before youth ban is considered: Canada’s privacy commissioner


&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *