Earlier this week, Trump also told Axios that he had rejected Iran’s proposal to reopen the strait in exchange for the US Navy lifting its blockade of Iranian ports.
The Iranian proposal would have pushed back negotiations on the country’s nuclear program to a later date, two regional officials said earlier this week. Officials with knowledge of the proposal spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the closed-door negotiations between Iranian and Pakistani officials.
One of the main reasons Trump has said he went to war was to deny Iran the ability to develop nuclear weapons.
Since the war began on February 28, at least 3,375 people have been killed in Iran and more than 2,600 people in Lebanon, where fresh fighting between Israel and the Iran-backed Hezbollah militant group erupted two days after the war began, according to authorities.
Additionally, 24 people have died in Israel and more than 20 in the Arab Gulf states. Seventeen Israeli soldiers in Lebanon and 13 US service members across the region have been killed.





