Investigators release photos of suspect wanted in Toronto York synagogue shooting


Police in Toronto and York Region on Friday released photos of a suspect wanted in connection with two synagogue shootings in March.

The shootings happened a few hours apart. Shortly before midnight on March 6, gunshots were reported near Clark Avenue West and York Hill Boulevard in Vaughan. Officers discovered that the front doors of a synagogue had been damaged by gunfire.

The two people inside the synagogue were not injured, investigators said Friday.

Just after midnight on March 7, Toronto police responded to reports of gunfire at a synagogue near Bathurst Street and Glencairn Avenue. Officers also found damage to the synagogue’s front entrance that was “consistent with gunfire.”

No one was inside at the time and no one was injured.

Get the latest Canadian news in your inbox as it happens, so you never miss a trending story.

Get the latest national news

Get the latest Canadian news in your inbox as it happens, so you never miss a trending story.

“Following a lengthy joint force investigation, investigators are releasing photographs of a male suspect and a vehicle for identification in connection with both incidents,” police said.

Story continues below ad

The suspect, who police believe is a young man, is described as standing six to six feet two inches tall with a thin build and curly black hair.

The suspect vehicle is described as an older model black Honda Civic four-door.


The photos released by the police on Friday are subject to a court order and will only be available until 23:59 on Monday.

Story continues below ad

Anyone with information is asked to contact police.

&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *