The Hong Kong government has allocated an additional HK$5 billion a special national security fundbringing the total to HK$18 billion.
The funding is the third national security allocation since Beijing imposed the national security law on Hong Kong in June 2020.

The government revealed the funding on Friday when it published its government accounts for the 2025-26 fiscal year.
It showed an allocation of HK$5 billion for non-recurring expenditure as special funds for maintaining national security.
Hong Kong established the special fund in 2020 to finance expenses related to maintaining national security after the national security law came into force in June of that year.
She took an initial allocation of HK$8 billion in December 2020 and An additional HK$5 billion in the financial year ending 31 March 2023.
The latest allocation thus brought the total amount to HK$18 billion.
IN answer on the Ming Pao investigation, the Office of the Financial Secretary said authorities would not disclose details of the funding, citing Article 14 of the national security law. He did not respond to whether the previous funding of HK$13 billion had been depleted.
According to Article 14 of the National Security Law, no institution, organization, nor
the individual in Hong Kong will interfere with the work of the Committee for the Protection of National Security, and information related to his work will not be subject to disclosure.

The government said in July that he would not disclose any details of the special fund in a report to the legislature on the control and management of the special fund, citing the same section of the national security law.
He said the authorities had established “a dedicated accounting and financial unit” in the secretariat of the Committee for the Preservation of National Security.
“The unit, which reports directly to (the financial secretary), is responsible for revenue and expenditure arrangements and financial matters related to such work,” the government said.










