How escalating attacks, missile interceptions and travel alerts affect daily life in the UAE


The United Arab Emirates captures 12 missiles and drones

The UAE Ministry of Defense said on May 4, 2026 that its air defense systems intercepted 12 ballistic missiles, three cruise missiles and four UAVs launched by Iran, leaving three people moderately injured.

Officials said the UAE’s defenses have since included hundreds of missiles and thousands of drones, reflecting ongoing cross-border attacks.

Since the escalation began, the UAE’s air defenses have intercepted 549 ballistic missiles, 29 cruise missiles and 2,260 UAVs associated with the ongoing attacks.

3 injured in the attack in Fujairah

Three Indian nationals were injuredsuffering moderate injuries as a result of the previously reported Iranian attack on the Fujairah Oil Industries Zone (FOIZ), according to a statement from the Fujairah Media Office.

The injured were transferred to the hospital to receive the necessary treatment, while new ones are expected as their condition develops. Authorities asked the public to rely on official sources for information and avoid spreading rumors or unverified reports.

The United Arab Emirates reports 227 injured so far

Authorities said the situation resulted in 227 injuries of multiple nationalities, including Emiratis, Egyptians, Sudanese, Ethiopians, Filipinos, Pakistanis, Iranians, Indians, Bangladeshis, Sri Lankans, Azerbaijanis, Yemenis, Ugandans, Eritreans, Lebanese, Afghans, Bahrainis, Comorians, Turks, Iraqis, Nepalis, Nepalese Ghanaians, Indonesians, Swedes, Tunisians, Moroccans and Russians, along with confirmed deaths from several countries.

The officials added that the country remains fully prepared to respond to any further threats and continue to maintain national security and stability.

The United Arab Emirates condemns the naval attacks and targeting

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates strongly condemned the renewed attacks on civilian objects, calling them violations of sovereignty and international law.

Schools and universities vary online

KHDA authorities of Dubai and Sharjah also confirmed temporary online instructions for schools and nurseries.

US issues security alert

The US continues to maintain a Level 3 travel advisory, requiring reconsideration of travel to the United Arab Emirates.

UAE Aviation Update

Airlines across the UAE have adjusted schedules and increased flexibility as tensions continue:

  • Emirates is operating in 137 destinations with booking and refund options available

  • Etihad Airways is operating a full network to around 80 destinations with flexible changes

  • Air Arabia is operating limited flights with rebooking and cancellation credit options

  • flydubai is operating on a reduced schedule with possible route changes and longer flight times

  • All carriers said the safety of passengers and crew remains the top priority.

IndiGo issues flight advisory

Indian carrier IndiGo warned of possible flight disruptions amid emerging regional tensions, urging passengers to check flight status before travel.

Tensions in the Strait of Hormuz intensify

US-Iranian military activity in the Strait of Hormuz continues to escalate, with reported ship attacks and increased naval operations disrupting global shipping lanes.

The situation remains unstable

Authorities across the UAE and international partners continue to call for de-escalation as security remains heightened, with airspace, sea lanes and civilian infrastructure under close scrutiny.

The Strait of Hormuz Crisis: Key Developments

  • Calls for de-escalation: The United Kingdom and Saudi Arabia called for restraint after the reported attacks in the United Arab Emirates, calling for an immediate halt to the escalation and renewed diplomacy.

  • Iran blames the US: A senior Iranian military official linked the attacks to US “adventurism” in the Strait of Hormuz, denying any planned attack on oil facilities.

  • US claims attacks on Iranian ships: US Central Command said six Iranian boats were destroyed and missiles/drones captured; Iran rejected the claims.

  • Trump minimizes the damage: US President Donald Trump said there was no significant damage in the Strait of Hormuz, apart from an incident involving a South Korean ship.

  • United Arab Emirates targeted by attacks: The United Arab Emirates confirmed the attacks, including in Fujairah, injuring three Indian nationals, and warned it reserved the right to respond.

  • Incident in Oman: Two people were injured after a residential building was hit near the coastline of the Strait of Hormuz.

  • Oil prices rise: Brent crude rose more than 5% amid escalating conflict and shipping disruptions.

  • Regional military alert: Israel put forces on high alert as it monitored developments in the Persian Gulf.

  • US Naval Operations: US destroyers entered the Persian Gulf to escort ships through the Strait of Hormuz amid rising tensions.

  • Shipping dispute: Iran denied any commercial ships had passed under US escort, calling the claims “baseless”.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *